About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Monday, September 27, 2010

And another one bites the dust! released 1 lb today.

Sometimes I get discouraged when I look at the days vs releases. I am on Day 32 and I have released 23.5 lbs. In the beginning I thought I would lose a lb EVERY DAY so technically...I should be down 32 lbs. Not so.  I have had a few stalls, and tasted a few things I shouldn't have. so it shows.
All I can say to anyone STARTING. don't even TASTE anything that is not on Protocol.
Which is really hard for me, because I love cooking for my family. I love to watch my BF eat.  he enjoys it so much. And it makes me proud that I can make what he likes.

Today however, I am looking up. It is a bleek day. dark and rainy, but I took out a skirt that my BF picked out for me about a year ago. it was tight then and didn't zip 1/4 inch from the top, I got it because he liked it, and i wore it once. Then I gained just a little weight and wearing it was not an option.
This morning it zipped right up. all the way to the top, and looked nice. I wore it to work today.
I felt thin. I know I have 40 lbs to go. but I look so much better just having lost 23.5 lbs.
I am 5'10 and can "get away" with more weight for some reason. 5 extra lbs on a tall girl vs 5 extra pounds on a 4'5" girl really is different.

I could just say hey my bf thinks I look great. I can quit. But I am not doing this for the BF or for anyone else for that matter. I want to put my weight into a bmi scale and NOT have it say Obese.
I WANT to be in ONEderland.  for me!  I want to shop off the rack, or pull out the clothing I have in a bin int he basement that says size 12 & 14. And have them fit  or heck even be TOO BIG.

I hate to say, I am one of those women that saves everything as long as it is not falling apart or unusable.
I have 2 punch bowls, a silver set, and 3 crock pots, collecting dust in the basement...along with my "thin" clothing. But I am determined to get those back out and wear them....(if they can still be modified to the current style) no I will not be wearing fringe or bell bottoms, Unless they suddenly make a HUGE comeback. LOL!

I no longer want to be the girl with the pritty face. The woman that can't shop at Victoria secrets because they don't make panties in my size.  Or have to resort to MOM jeans. I LOVE being a mom. but it doesn't mean I have to go out and drive a Ford MiniVan and dress like a Memmere'.

I am single and my kids are almost grown up enough to be out in the world alone.  It is time for me to shine, time for me to go out and have some fun!  I have found a great guy to do it with.  Look out world here I come!

Today's Plan:
  • Brkfst: Coffee
  • Lunch: Salad w/ steak, ACV & oregano
  • Snack: Apple
  • Dinner: Chicken w/peppers & onions
  • Desert: strawberries w/stevia - Frozen

No comments:

Post a Comment