About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Monday, July 28, 2014

My review of "miracle noodles"

These particular noodles are reviewed by "Hungy girl".
The brand name is: House Foods Tofu shirataki Fettuccine Noodles.



I bought then at the local supermarket and decided to top them with chicken and tomato sauce.
(I sautéed onion and garlic in a non stick pot, added a can of pureed "no sugar, no salt added" tomatoes, added oregano, garlic powder, and basil and let simmer for about 15 - 20 min)

I wanted some spinach so I added about 1/4 cup fresh to my sauce. then added the chicken pieces I had cut up 2 chicken legs - 100 grams.

I had heard the noodles smelled bad. I opened them and sniffed. they did smell a bit fishy, not as strong as tuna, and nothing HORRIBLE!!
The package said to drain and rinse well then boil or microwave and drain and dry.
I only rinsed them in a colander under hot tap water for about 5 min.
then added them to my sauce.

They didn't really have a taste and were a bit rubbery. but I liked them. The were NOT exactly like pasta  but they definitely filled me up.  And would do if I was having a pasta craving.
We will see if they make me gain or stall tomorrow morning.
I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment