About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The "Rice Incident"

So I was up a bit from the fondue on Saturday. The plan was to get back to Protocol.

Then the inevitable happened.  My husband made his African rice dish "Jollof"
Dum Dum Dum...... (insert pregnant pause)

That rice dish is made with steak and spices and awesome sauce.
So on Sunday, I had my coffee and brought an apple for my meeting after church.
I planned to be sooooo good.
BUT... when I got home and walked through the door,
It hit my nose with wonderful smells and called me by my FIRST NAME!!!
I resisted, I made a nice sauteed rice with tofu noodles and spinach. I ate some of it...
THEN another entity took over my body and I caught myself sneaking a bite of the rice dish, then another!!!
So I said to myself, This is nuts!! You are not a child, you are NOT a slave to temptation and food.
(I tend to talk to myself when I go a little nuts)
I made myself a small bowl of the Jollof, with steaky saucy goodness, and sat down and ate it...like a grown up!
It was heavenly.  I enjoyed it and moved on.
I didn't eat THREE bowls of it, like I might have in the past. I had the one bowl and enjoyed it.

So yes I was up on the scale Monday.
But I got right back on plan, perfectly on plan, with lots of water.
Today I am back down.  I threw off my losses for a few days with these off plan distractions.
But if I kick myself, it will do no good, it is done. There is no reliving the past.
So we move on.

I think the oreo eating, sugar and carb craving child in me may have just grown up a bit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment