About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Monday, August 18, 2014

New recipes - Sunflower crackers and "townhouse crackers" P3 freindly

So I decided that I wanted to make "crackers" for a party I will be attending that I will be able to eat the dip...because on Phase 3 I can have sour cream, cream cheese and the other ingredients my neice said she is putting in the dips.   but I can't eat the crackers...
Both of these recipes are about 90 calories for 5 - 6 crackers.
So here is my 2 recipes:
Sunflower Seed crackers
 
 
  • 1 cup Sunflower seeds (shelled, salted)
  • 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup water
In a food processor pulse dry ingredients until fine.
Add water 2 Tbsp at a time until a soft dough is formed and balls together
dump out onto parchment paper or aluminum foil
top dough with wax paper to keep it from sticking to the rolling pin
Roll out to 1/4 inch thick.   push edges back in toward dough so they are not thinner than the rest of the dough or they will burn.   be sure it is an even thickness from middle to edge.  remove wax paper and discard.
Score dough with pizza cutter or butter knife, into 50 - 60 squares
Bake at 325 for 20 -25 min until golden brown. Turn off oven, leave door closed and leave crackers in oven for 15 more minutes to crisp up.
Remove from oven and break apart at score marks.
eat plain or with your favorite dip.


Recipe for "Townhouse Crackers":
  • 3/4 C almond flour
  • 2 tsp granular splenda or equivalent of stevia
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
Mix all of the ingredients well in a small bowl. Put the dough on a well greased sheet of heavy duty foil. Cover the dough with a piece of wax paper that's been sprayed with nonstick spray. roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Be sure to roll out evenly or the edges will burn before the middle is baked.  You can lift up the wax paper and reshape the dough to as close to a rectangle as possible, replace wax paper and  roll out evenly.  Peel off the wax paper and discard. score dough with pizza cutter or wavy edged ravioli cutter.  lift aluminum foil and place on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes.   check after 8 min. and if the edges are getting too brown, gently break those off  at the score marks and remove from oven.  continue to bake the rest of the crackers until golden brown.

allow to cool and break apart at score marks. Makes about 48 crackers.
Can be frozen.
(do not top with salt after dough is rolled or they will be too salty)



No comments:

Post a Comment