About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Chia Seeds

I read that Chia seeds are a great food.  That they keep you full, keep you "regular" because they are high in fiber. Can lower your blood pressure and regulate your blood sugars.  they have 3 times the antioxidants than blueberries.  High in Omega-3 fatty acids. packed with calcium, contain the mineral boron that helps the body absorb calcium and have 3 times the amount of iron than spinach.
Basically these little things should have a big RED S on their little tiny shells!!!
So I bought some from Amazon (be sure you buy organic Chia seeds, and do not buy from China according to many web sites)
I bought TruVibe 100% organic Raw chia seeds.  



Chia seed pudding.
I had this with strawberries in it for breakfast. It was really tasty, had a tiny bit of crunch to it...but that might have been the strawberry seeds.

I mixed 1 Cup Almond Milk, with 1/4 Cup chia seeds 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 2 drops of stevia.
I let sit for 5 min. and stirred well.  let sit for another 5 min and stir again.
Then refrigerated overnight.  it was a nice pudding consistency.
I will be making some more when I get home.

You can also mix 1 Tbsp of chia seeds in 3 Tbsp of water and use in recipes in place of an egg.
Or add to smoothies to thicken them. There seems to be a ton of uses for them, and they are good for you and great as an appetite suppressant.  Be sure to drink plenty of water when you are eating them as they absorb allot of water.



No comments:

Post a Comment