This is my recipe for "Beef"-a-Roni.
You could actually make this with ground beef, or without meat at all.
I used ground chicken
- 1 Tbs coconut oil or grape-seed oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large can diced tomato
- 1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- oregano, parsley, garlic powder, pepper to your taste
- red chili flakes and a few dashes of curry powder (optional)
Brown your chicken, onion, garlic and pepper in oil until cooked thru.
Add your mushrooms, spices and tomatoes, stir well. Add your tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and cook for about 15 to 30 min. The longer it cooks the better the spices come thru.
Serve over spaghetti squash, topped with mozzarella cheese.