About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mock Beef-a-roni



This is my recipe for "Beef"-a-Roni.
You could actually make this with ground beef, or without meat at all.
I used ground chicken

  • 1 Tbs coconut oil or grape-seed oil
  • 1 lb ground chicken
  • 1 large eggplant
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 large red onion, chopped
  • 1 large can diced tomato
  • 1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • sliced mushrooms (optional)
  • oregano, parsley, garlic powder, pepper to your taste
  • red chili flakes and a few dashes of curry powder (optional)
Brown your chicken, onion, garlic and pepper in oil until cooked thru.
Add your mushrooms, spices and tomatoes, stir well. Add your tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and cook for about 15 to 30 min. The longer it cooks the better the spices come thru.
Serve over spaghetti squash, topped with mozzarella cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment