About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Recipe - "Creamy" Leek Soup


Leeks and chicken broth


Leek Soup


 
 
Leek Soup:
  • 2 C Leeks
  • 1/2 C Celery 
  • 1 large clove garlic finely chopped
  • 1/4 C chopped onion
  • 2 C fat free low sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1 Tbsp Curry Powder (optional)
  • 3 -4 dashes tobacco or Frank red hot sauce (optional)
  • baby shrimp (optional)
slice and rinse leeks well. spray large stock pot with Pam. Put leeks, onion, celery, and garlic in pot. sauté briefly, add broth and bring to a boil. Add spices and reduce heat to low. cook for 30 min. or until leeks are soft.  Add water if too much liquid boils off. 
Add entire mixture to blender (or use immersion blender) blend until smooth.  (I left a little bit of celery and leek pieces out so there were a few chunks in the soup.)
Ready to serve as is. OR:
Add shrimp and cook on med for 10 min. and enjoy!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment