About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Thank you to all the Vets out there! and remembering and saying a prayer for all the fallen Veterans and their families!

Today having a cookout...darn it if it isn't raining outside right now. it should clear but it is upsetting that 2 days straight it was georgeous out, and the day I am trying to have company over and cookout...it's raining.
Oh well, we will make the best of it. It may turn out to be a cookout/eat-in sort of deal.
I am off to make a nice green salad, and marinate some boneless chicken breasts, as well as make stuff everyone else wants...brownies, pasta salad, and take out the burgers and brats.  :)
Heck even if the weather doesn't cooperate we are going to have really good food. I even got a nice watermelon to cut up.
I am down another lb today. woot!  I am going to try very hard not to un-do the losses. but I am not going to be really strict today, so if I have a gain I am not going to freak out about it.

Last night I pulled out the "Bucket o'clothes" in the basement that said summer stuff, most of it was too small for me....I tried stuff on. and 50 % of it FITS!!! 15% of it goes into the RAG pile because I looked at it and went....WHA? I wore that?! ick!  And about 15% was still too small and 20% is going to the local Boys & Girls club clothes donation bin.
But I now have some "new" shorts to wear today! (does the happy dance)

Have a Fantabulous Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment