About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Back on Track and down .5 lb.

So I am back on Track, sticking to protocol and I feel great!
I made up a great recipe last night,
I know on Protocol your not supposed to mix veggies but I do at times with no adverse affects. Last night I REALLY mixed it up,
I chopped up 1 tomatoe, 2 stalks of celery, 1 whole red onion, 1/2 a red pepper, 1/2 a yellow pepper, 1 garlic clove and a small bit of cabbage. I sauted them all together with a bit of lemon juice until tender.
The tomatoes and onion released juices so there was enough on med heat to cook everything crisp tender. I added a few tablespoons of water and topped the mixture with 3 filets of tilapia that I had sprinkled with cajun spices, and covered it, turning the heat up a bit.  Now this is not just for ME I was cooking for my husband as well.
I let the fish steam for about 10 min. and viola!
IT WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD. I measured out about 1 cup of veggies and took 3 oz of fish.
My hubby even loved it.  I let him eat what he wanted and then took out 3 oz of fish and some veggies for my lunch today.
Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment