About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Curried chicken and cabbage soup! P2


So I forgot to take out something to cook for dinner...
I HATE when I do that!
You know that saying, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
That is how I feel when I do that!!

Well not to be daunted and still stick to plan. I microwave defrosted chicken breasts for a little bit.
They were still pretty frozen, but thawed enough to cut with a good knife.
I shredded some green cabbage and put them in a large stock pot. For flavor I chopped up about 2 Tbsp of red onion. I sautéed in just a tiny bit of chicken broth to start. then I added the frozen chicken and 1/4 cup of curry, 1/2 tsp celery seed, a dash of parley flakes, a dash of Adobo seasoning, and some hot pepper flakes. I sautéed stiring continually for a few min.   
I then added 2 to 3 C of fat free chicken broth.
Brought to a boil, then covered and reduced heat. cooked for about 20 min.

Sooooooo yummy!!!
(the hard part was picking out the chicken to weigh out 3 oz!)
I suppose I could have taken the cooked chicken out before adding the Cabbage then made it easier to weigh.
but I did it, then added the broth and cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment