About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

P2R3 - VLCD- Day 3 - Released another 2 lb.

Loving it!  so I am back on track, down to 207.
I really need a plan for P3, I did so well the first round, and so badly the 2nd round.
So that is in the back of my mind.  But it is only day 5 of the P2, so I shouldn't get ahead of myself.
I find if I don't eat as soon as I start to feel a little hungry..like today. I am hungry after I eat as well.
Today I was too busy to eat at 12:00 like I usually do. And now I have finished off my asparagus and fish. And still want more. It could also be because it was not the best fish I have ever made, I ate it because it was there, not because I was enjoying it. :(   it was way too dry.
lessons learned.
I have learned so much about myself from being on this plan.
Here are a few:
  1. I think I am hungry when I am thirsty, or over tired.
  2. I think I am hungry when I am not satisfied by what I eat.
  3. I tend to eat when I am bored.
  4. I overeat at parties.
What have I done to fix this?
  1. I think before I eat...am I really HUNGRY??   This works for 1, 2 & 3.  
  2. I drink a big glass of water before I start to make dinner or ordering something to eat.
  3. If I catch myself looking for a snack and KNOW I am not hungry I try to find something to do (read a book, do 1 of the 10 crafts I have laying around unfinished, clean up my room.)
  4. I try to eat before going to a big party, and always bring seltzer water or water w/lemon with me. In case the host does not have low-cal drinks. Also selzer w/ a lime can stop the sabatours who try to give me an alcoholic drink when I don't want one.
And what is it with friends that get mad at you when you don't drink with them. WHY can't I have water with lemon to your beer/wine/cocktail?? 
And with friends that don't like it when you diet. I have had friends load up a plate for me right after I have told them I am watching my caloric intake.  ???  These are people that I know are not jelous (because they are georgeous) or threatened by me. These are naturally thin people.   I understand the friend that also needs to lose weight doing this to me...but I don't tell them what NOT to eat, why do they feel they have the right to tell me not to diet.   I have stopped explaining what I am doing, and I NEVER tell anyone I am on HCG or on a diet unless they TRULEY want to know HOW I am losing weight.
Latley when people tell me I am crazy...I don't need a diet!! I tell them it is not a diet. it is a healthy eating plan.   That I don't want to wait till I'm 50 to try to lose weight, I want to enjoy how I feel. And eating healthier food is going to not only keep me at a healthy weight but keep me from having heart, liver and other problems later in life.
Wow, that was quite a rant.  :)   I want to end by saying I feel GREAT! this round I am already down 7 lbs.
I wish everyone could feel like this. - Mentally lighter, Happy, Accomplished, and like I have a Destination to my everyday journey.

Today's Plan:
Brkfst: Apple w/stevia & cinnamon, black vanilla coffee.
Lunch: grilled Fish w/ crushed melba, asparagus (steamed)
Dinner: Chicken thigh (skin & bone removed) Lettuce, w. sliced cucumber. melba toast. Strawberries w/ stevia

No comments:

Post a Comment