About Me

My photo
Oxford, Massachusetts,, United States
Hi, My name is Kimberly. I decided to blog about my journey to a healthy me. At present I am 50 yo, I weigh about 225 lb (edit...down to 185) I am 5' 10" tall; Re-married Mom of 2 wonderful "boys" (24& 25). I work as an executive assistant, have a fabulous Husband and life would be perfect if I could just learn to budget, get my bills paid and reduce my size by about 60 (edit: 20 more) lb!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

NON Scale Victory and "Exercise??"

Today, I pulled out these nice boots my husband had bought for me from New York.
He had bought them about a year and a half ago. but my calves were too fat to put them on.
I was so sad about it. they were my size and he was doing something nice, but my calves were just not cooperating.  I tried to wear them a few times but they HURT.

So today, since it's fall, and drizzly out. I thought I would try them on.
They fit perfectly. My FAT little calves have become not so FAT!
yay!!




The TIGHTS are another story!!!  If you are a woman, you will be able to relate. If you're a man, you will have NO IDEA what we go thru with these things!!

I bought COMPRESSION TIGHTS
My Doctor said it may help with some nerve pain I have in my left leg and ankle.  
I have NO CLUE how older folks get these things on!  I would think they would need help from a spouse or a Nurse.
I started at the toe, but they were so skinny at the ankle I was crunching myself in half trying to get them up. then over the calves, stretching and lifting my leg. I was really working up a sweat just to get these things up. Once over my knees it wasn't so bad, I had to do some squats to get them up to my waist.  but DAMN those things really do COMPRESS your legs!!!

So inadvertently, I did crunches, leg lifts and squats!!!   I am counting it as exercise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment